You need to remove the dishwasher drain pipe from the disposal. Most dishwasher drain pipes are connected to the disposal, but they can be disconnected by removing the clip that secures the pipe to the disposal. Remove the drain plug from the bottom of the sink. This will give you access to the sink drain. Place the disposal in the sink. The disposal should be flush with the bottom of the sink. Secure the disposal to the sink using the mounting bolts that come with the disposal. Reconnect the dishwasher drain pipe to the disposal. Install the drain plug in the sink. Turn on the water and run the disposal to test it.
Benefits of garbage disposal
- A garbage disposal can reduce the amount of garbage that you have to take out to the curb.
- It can help to reduce the amount of food waste that ends up in landfills.
- It can help to reduce the amount of water that is used to transport garbage to landfills.
- A garbage disposal can help to reduce the amount of methane gas that is emitted from landfills.
- Handyman services near me in Grand Rapids, MI Makes cleaning up after meals much easier.
- Reduces the amount of garbage that ends up in landfills.
- Can help to reduce pests in the home, as food scraps are not left out for them to scavenge.
- Can help to reduce bad smells in the home, as food scraps are not left out to rot.
Why do you need garbage disposal?
Garbage disposal is a mechanical device that is installed under a kitchen sink. It is used to grind food waste into small pieces that can be flushed down the drain. They also help to keep drains clean and free from clogs. Some people believe that garbage disposals are unnecessary and that they add to the cost of water and sewer bills. However, if used properly, they can actually save money by reducing the amount of food waste that is sent to the landfill.
If your garbage disposal is not working properly, it is likely due to a clog. You can try to clear the clog yourself by using a plunger or a plumber’s snake. If you are unable to clear the clog, you will need to call a plumber.