Vacuum sealer bags are great additions to any household, not just because they keep food fresh longer, but also because they can be used to save space in your refrigerator or cabinet. They can also be used with airtight containers to make food last longer in your freezer. There are so many options when it comes to vacuum sealer bags; you can choose one that meets all of your needs and your preferences. Here are just a few reasons why you need a vacuum sealer bag in your life.
Things to Know Before You Buy Vacuum Sealer Bags
If you’re thinking about purchasing a vacuum sealer, there are a few things you should know before making your decision. First, vacuum sealers come in different sizes and types. The most popular type is the chamber vacuum sealer, which is ideal for sealing large quantities of food at once. Second, consider what you’ll be using the vacuum sealer for. If you plan on sealing mainly dry goods, like grains or nuts, look for a model with an air-tight container. Third, make sure to get bags that are specifically designed for your vacuum sealer model. Not all bags are created equal and using the wrong type of bag can damage your machine. Fourth, check the reviews before purchasing a vacuum sealer.
Tips on How to Avoid Crushing Your Food when Sealing it with a Vacuum Sealer Bag
- Pre-freeze any items you plan on sealing. This will help keep them from being crushed when the air is sucked out.
- Put the item to be sealed in the bag, and then use a straw to suck out the air around it.
- Once most of the air is gone, quickly seal the bag shut before any more air can get in.
- If you’re having trouble getting all the air out, try using a vacuum sealer attachment that goes over the mouth of the bag.
- If you’re still having trouble, try using a binder clip to hold the top of the bag closed while you vacuum out the air.
Tips on Keeping Your Vacuum Sealer Bag Clean and In Good Condition
A clean and well-maintained vacuum sealer can help extend its lifespan. Here are some tips on how to keep yours in tip-top shape:
After each use, wipe down the sealing area with a damp cloth to remove any food residue.
Once a week, give the machine a more thorough cleaning by removing the detachable parts and washing them with warm, soapy water.
Be sure to unplug the machine before cleaning it.
Vacuum sealer bags can be washed by hand or in the dishwasher. If washing by hand, use warm water and mild soap. If using the dishwasher, place them on the top rack.